The SSC JE 2020 consists of two papers i.e.
In SSC JE Paper-I questions are Objective-type questions and in SSC JE Paper-II questions are descriptive type questions.
Check the distribution of topics in SSC JE Syllabus for Paper-I below:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It mainly consists of basic topics like relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, problem-solving, space visualization, visual memory, analysis and judgment, Analogies, decision making, discrimination, verbal and figures classification, Number series, etc.
- General Awareness: Under this category, the topics mainly comprise of Geography, Culture, History, Scientific Research, General Polity, etc. Candidates can also check out various Static GK topics in the linked page for general awareness section preparation for SSC JE examination.
- General Engineering: This includes specific topics pertaining to Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper-II: This paper consists of three parts divided into core subjects such as:
- Part-A (Civil & Structural Engineering): It includes topics like Building Materials, Surveying, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Concrete Technology, Irrigation Engineering, RCC Design, Hydraulics, etc.
- Part-B (Electrical Engineering): It includes topics like Circuit law, AC Fundamentals, Electrical Machines, Measurement and measuring instruments, Synchronous Machines, etc.
- Part- C (Mechanical Engineering): It includes topics like Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Thermal Engineering, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics & Machinery, etc.