- The Indian union territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu. Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu's previous regions were combined to form the new territory.
- The Government of India first disclosed its plans for the proposed merger in July 2019.
- The relevant legislation was then approved by the Indian Parliament in December 2019 and went into force on January 26, 2020. Dadra, Nagar Haveli, Daman, and the island of Diu make up the territory's four distinct geographical components.
- All four of these regions were formerly a part of Portuguese Goa and Damaon, with Panjim serving as their joint capital.
- However, after Goa was annexed by India in the middle of the 20th century, these regions came under Indian control. Daman serves as the current capital.
Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu Use Indian National Emblem as State Emblem
This text is taken from the Mundaka Upanishad, the concluding section of the ancient Hindu Vedas.
Mundaka Upanishad Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu Satyameva Jayate State Symbols of Dadra and Nagar Haveli State Symbols of Daman and Diu State Emblem of Dadra & Nagar Haveli State Emblem of Daman and Diu Motto of Dadra & Nagar Haveli Motto of Daman and Diu State Symbols State Emblem